Telecommunication and IT companies need to establish themselves in leadership positions in growth sectors in order to stay ahead in their market sector. The focus of this research is on telecommunication spending and usage of the corporate, midmarket and SME markets in South Africa.
Study focus areas and objectives
This study provides an overview analysis of the corporate, midmarket and SME telecommunication market including sizing, segmentation and forecasts from 2018-2023.
The study focuses on the business telecommunication spend. The PowerPoint publication and the Excel workbook include:
- Telecommunication services (mobile spend, fixed voice, internet access and other data services), expenditure breakdowns and forecasts, segmented further by;
- Company size category (the corporate market which includes spend of companies with more than 200 employees: and the midmarket/SMEs, which includes companies with less than 200 employees). Each of these categories is also further segmented into finer company size categories.
Quantitative analysis and forecasts
The research provides a breakdown of the telecoms market into:
- Number of corporate, midmarket and SME organisations per customer segment, with more detailed segmentation by company size and vertical sector.
- Growth segments – from which segments of the market will the biggest spending growth come in the future?
- Telecommunication spend and forecast analysis by customer segment (company size bracket) and telecoms service category (mobile spend, fixed voice, internet access and other data services).
The research is based on a holistic model of the composition of the corporate, midmarket and SME telecommunication end-user sector, and their spending patterns, based on primary research inputs:
- Profile of the corporate, midmarket and SME telecommunication buying community from BMIT databases and other secondary sources
- Input from business end user surveys conducted by BMIT
- Statistical analysis by senior BMIT analysts
Table of Contents
- BMIT’s enterprise market sizing and forecast model segments business/government telecoms spending and provides forecasts from 2018 to 2023
- Methodology and structure of enterprise ICT model
- Telecoms category segmentation
SA Economic Overview
- Challenges for the economy
- Potential for the economy
- Inflation & Interest Rates
- Fixed Capital Formation
- GDP vertical segmentation over time
- 4 sectors contribute 66.2% of GDP
- Employment vs Unemployment
- Employment by industry sector, and growth
- Employment by industry sector, split by type
- Employment by Industry Sector, Split by Type
- ICT-related occupations
Companies and Segmentation
- Companies by Vertical Sector
- Companies by Vertical Sector
Business Telecoms Market Segmentation
- Telecoms service categories and segmentation methodology
- Overview of retail business and residential telecoms spend by customer segment, 2018 (Rm)
- Overview of total retail business and residential telecoms market by service type, 2018 (Rm)
- Total retail business telecoms spend by service type, 2018
- Comparison between number of organisations and telecoms spend per customer segment, 2018
- Total business telecoms spend by segment and service type, 2018
- Corporate annual telecoms spend by service type and organisation size, 2018 (Rm)
- SME and Midmarket annual telecoms spend by service type and organisation size, 2018 (R’000)
- Business Telecoms Revenue Segmentation and Forecast
- Total business telecoms market by Corporate vs SME, forecast, 2018 – 2023
- Total business telecoms market by service type, 2018 – 2023
- Total business telecoms forecast by customer segment and service type, 2018 – 2023
- Corporate telecoms spend by service type (Rm), 2018 – 2023
- SME and Midmarket telecoms spend by service type (Rm), 2018 – 2023
- Business fixed line voice market
- Business telecoms forecast analysis by customer segment on Fixed voice services, 2018 – 2023 (Rm)
- Business mobile market
- Business telecoms forecast analysis by customer segment on Mobile services, 2018 – 2023 (Rm)
- Business internet market
- Business telecoms forecast analysis by customer segment on Internet services, 2018 – 2023 (Rm)
- Business ‘Other data’ market
- Business telecoms forecast analysis by customer segment on Other Data services, 2018 – 2023 (Rm)
The team for this research includes Brian Neilson (BMIT Research Director), Penny Smith, and Clinton Jacobs. This team has extensive sector experience in this field, having conducted these studies annually for the past 10 years.
Deliverables and format
The outcomes of the research and analysis will be documented in a rich PowerPoint document with supporting Excel tables. The PowerPoint document will contain charts, and will be detailed enough to provide all the qualitative insights and interpretation, including market sizing and forecasting.
BMIT will also provide a workshop/presentation in the Gauteng region, while reserving its option to combine this topic with other published topics.
- SA IT Enterprise Market Sizing and Forecast 2019
- SA Vertical Industry Market Sizing and Forecast 2018
- SA IT Market Overview Sizing and Forecast 2018 Update
- SA IT Services Market Forecast and Analysis 2018 Update
For further information and details on how to subscribe to this research please contact Anita Mathews on 011 540 8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org