The IT Market Overview provides a strategic view of the IT market in South Africa as a whole. It covers the three major segments of the IT market, hardware, packaged software and services.
Objectives of the IT Market Overview
The IT market is defined broadly to include all primary sources of revenues earned by local hardware, software and services vendors. These include:
- Computer hardware market
- Packaged software market
- IT services market
- Local primary in-depth interviews with top vendors in the IT equipment and services market.
- End-user analysis: data from user interviews and surveys mapped onto vendor analysis for consistency and to establish baselines for market projections.
- Secondary source analysis: from independent studies, government, trade figures and general economic information for interpreting the local market and driving the forecasts.
The IT Market Overview offers a profile of the IT market in South Africa. Segmentation for IT spending analysis and forecasts includes:
Computer hardware which is further segmented by server, desktop, notebook and workstations
Packaged software with breakdowns for systems infrastructure software, application development and deployment and applications
IT services segmented by service categories:
- IS consulting
- Business consulting
- System integration
- Custom application development
- Cloud enablement
- Maintain, support, upgrade
- Managed services
- Full outsource
- Cloud services
Key questions answered
The IT Market Overview covers the three major segments of the IT market, hardware, packaged software and services, with a view to answering the following key questions:
- What is the size of the SA IT market, segmented by each technology sector?
- What are the business expectations within the SA IT market?
- Which are the key business drivers and inhibitors within the SA IT market?
Table of Contents
Notes on market sizing and forecasting
- Cloud Computing
- Digital Transformation
- Hyper Convergence
- Economic Weakness
- Emerging Technology Adoption
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Defined Everything
- Market Conditions
General IT Market overview, 2018 with 2019-2023 forecast
- IT market overview, 2017 and 2018 (Rb)
- IT market revenue growth (%) 2018 – 2023 (Rb)
- Percentage of total IT spend & Y/Y growth forecasts
- Hardware Market Drivers – PCs
- Hardware Market Drivers – Network
- Hardware Market Drivers – Servers
- Hardware Market Drivers – Storage
- Hardware Market Inhibitors – PC and Network
- Hardware Market Inhibitors – Servers and Storage
- Hardware Market Trends – PC and Servers
- Hardware Market Trends – Network
- Hardware Market Trends – Storage
- Hardware Revenue Growth 2018 – 2023 (Rb)
- Hardware Y/Y % Growth 2018 – 2023 (Rb)
- Software Market Drivers
- Software Market Inhibitors
- Software Market Trends
- Software Market revenue growth (%) 2018 – 2023 (Rb)
- Software Y/Y growth forecasts
- IT Services Market Drivers
- IT Services Market Inhibitors
- IT Services market revenue growth (%) 2018 – 2023 (Rm)
- IT services market revenue growth (%) 2018 – 2023 (Rm)
- IT services market Y/Y growth
- IT services Y/Y growth
This study is led by Clinton Jacobs (Senior IT Sector Analyst). The BMI-T team has extensive sector experience in this field, having conducted multiple studies related to both the IT landscape in South Africa and the nature of business customers and related IT markets and industry developments.
Deliverables and format
- A workbook (in Excel format)
- A presentation (in PowerPoint format)
- Clients are also entitled to a presentation/workshop in Johannesburg (may be combined with other topics at BMI-T’s discretion).
For further information and details on how to subscribe to this research please contact Anita Mathews on 011 540 8000 or email@example.com