This report provides an incisive analysis of key Wholesale Telecoms service categories, leading off the major international trends influencing the future of these markets.
It explores the evolving wholesale services landscape and the competitive and regulatory environments in South Africa.
The report provides market sizing for South Africa, with competitor market share estimates, in 12 service categories, with revenue forecasts from 2020 to 2025.
Competitor profiles are provided for the 13 largest market players.
Table of Contents
- Approaches to mitigating the Digital Divide
- Open access and shared infrastructure models
- European examples of open access fibre networks
- Internet exchange points
- Mobile network sharing models and drivers
- Tower companies and ‘tower carve-outs’
- Network as a Service model
- 5G deployment impact on new network sharing models
- Edge computing
- Broadband penetration and initiatives to narrow the Digital Divide
- Submarine cables and national transmission
- Carrier-neutral data centres and interconnect facilities
- Open access and stimulation of services layer competition
- The FTTH landgrab and a second inflection point
- MNO infrastructure strategies
- Mobile facility wholesale trends
Government, Policy and the Regulatory Environment
- Government interventions in the wholesale data services market
- Wholesale Open Access Network (WOAN) status
- High Demand Spectrum
- The formation of the State Digital Infrastructure Company (SDIC)
Market Sizing and Forecasts
- Overview, taxonomy and methodology
- Fixed access connectivity (FTTB, FTTH and Business fixed wireless)
- Mobile facilities (Passive and Active sharing, MVNO & MVNE)
- Transmission (Mobile Backhaul, Metro, National and International)
- Telco Colocation, Cross-connection & Hubbing
For further information and details on how to subscribe to this research please contact Anita Mathews on 011 540 8000 | 082 466 2317 | email@example.com